Below we highlight the recent IP law and practice articles written by firms and Managing IP's editorial team. If you would like us to publish your articles or content on this website, please contact our research team.
Read our interviews with some of the leading intellectual property practitioners and learn about what influenced their career choices, their advice to would-be practitioners, recent client matters, and life outside work.
Follow our interviews with practitioners here and here.
IP law and practice developments
- Managing IP's journalists published articles on issues of interest to private practice and in-house IP practitioners here.
- Claudio Ulloa of Basham Ringe y Correa wrote about green technology and patents here.
- Sofia Santoro and Alessandra Antonucci of SIB explain the significance of G1/23, a referral to the Enlarged Board of Appeal here.
- Sinai Yarus of The Luzzatto Group wrote about dealing with Patent Office objections in Israel here.
- Camilla Johnson and Adré Pretorius of Von Seidels wrote about the protection of well-known trade marks in Tanzania here.
- Inventa analysed the patent filing trends in electrical devices and digital communication technologies at the EPO here.
- Drew & Napier wrote about the Singapore Court of Appeal’s decision in IIa Technologies Pte Ltd v Element Six Technologies Limited  SGCA 5 (“IIa v E6”) which dealt with patent sufficiency here.
- Juletha-Marie Dercksen and Adré Pretorius of Von Seidels examined the application of the Madrid system in OAPI member states here.
- Benedetta Soranzo of Società Italiana Brevetti (SIB) highlights the most important changes in the EPO's 2023 guidelines for examination here.
- Manisha Singh and Ritika Agarwal of LexOrbis analysed the recent rulings of the High Court of Delhi in appeals against the decisions of the Registrar of Trademarks here.
- An overhaul of the Indian patent application system has cut the time taken to reach a decision. Joginder Singh and Piyush Sharma of LexOrbis examined the new process and the implications here.
- Otto Licks and Rodrigo Maior of Licks Attorneys wrote about the importance of Brazil to patent portfolio strategy here.
- Karlo Tinoco and Rob Rodrigues of Licks Attorneys reported on Christian Louboutin's recent success in Brazil here.
- Inês Monteiro Alves of Inventa explained the patent registration process at the African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO) here.
- Azlina Khalid of Henry Goh summarised the trade mark developments since the Malaysian Trademarks Act 2019 came into force here.
- Roberto Rodrigues Pinho and Ricardo Campello of Licks Attorneys analysed Brazil's legislation and regulation concerning skinny labelling here.
- SIB wrote about the new administrative procedure before the Italian Patent and Trademark Office here.
- Vera Albino of Inventa wrote about the key copyright and human rights decisions in Europe in 2022 here
- Licks Attorneys' lawyers explained how to patent antibody-related inventions in Brazil here
- Diana Pereira and Inês Sequeira of Inventa explore Cape Verde’s intellectual property development ambitions here
- Vera Albino of Inventa wrote about the impact of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Agreement here.
- LexOrbis' managing partner Manisha Singh wrote a case note (here) about a Delhi High Court decision dealing with the use of trade marks as keywords on the Google Ads programme.
- Oswald Alembong of Von Seidels summarised the changes to OAPI’s procedures here.
- Our editor, Kingsley Egbuonu, reports on the latest development in the patent inventorship dispute concerning the AI machine DABUS here.
- David Hammond of Haseltine Lake Kempner analysed EPO data concerning detergents and foodstuff patents here.
- Ganna Prokhorova and Oleksandr Mamunya of Mamunya IP reported on how the war in Ukraine has affected intellectual property law and practice; read the summary here.
- João Francisco Sá of Inventa wrote about the trade mark dispute between Banco de Investimento Global and Banco BIC Português here.
- Nguyen Duc Thang of INVESTIP provided an update about the recent patent examination guidelines for computer programmes in Vietnam here.
- Read about the patent disputes concerning the mRNA COVID-19 vaccines here.
- Managing IP published its 2022 report on the recent trends and concerns in the IP industry here.
- Our team reported on the latest developments in the Russian legal market here.
- Read the latest featured articles on our homepage, ipstars.com