Throughout time, man as an intelligent and sensible being has shaped his intellect and emotions into intellectual creations, which are translated in some occasions into works of art, and in others, in practical solutions to commercial and industrial problems.
In addition to the aforementioned, the necessity to protect these intangible assets, which are the result of human intellectual activities, arose with the creation of Intellectual Property, made up by the Intellectual Property and Copyright Law.
Nowadays, Intellectual Property protects a wide variety of intellectual creations, classifying them under many different legal principles, in accordance with their own characteristics.
In Basham, Ringe y Correa, we are aware of the importance that tangible assets may have, as well as the competitive advantage its correct protection represents, whether for an individual or a company. A great part of our efforts is focused on the proper legal protection of our clients’ intangible assets, mainly through the constant updating of personnel, the participation in international organizations and associations, international meetings, conferences, courses, etc. Our Intellectual Property Area consists of expert lawyers for each specialized area, engineers, technicians, and office personnel, which constitute a team, concerned and focused on the protection of our clients’ intellectual property rights.
The services provided by Basham are divided into specific areas, in accordance with the required specialty and knowledge level. These areas are the following:
- Industrial Creations
- Industrial Secrets
- Distinctive signs
- Domain Names
Our Industrial Creations and Industrial Secrets Practice
The firm relies on a group of professional experts with a great deal of experience, some of whom come from governmental agencies that oversee intellectual property matters, as well as in other specialized industries, and who are capable of offering ample protection of intellectual property rights. The Patents Area is divided into the following specialties:
- Communications and electronics
Some of the services provided are:
- Patentability searches and opinions regarding the availability of free and open use of technology.
- Patent registration procedures pursuant to the Paris Convention for the Protection of Intellectual Property or the Patent Cooperation Treaty.
- Utility model and industrial design registration procedures.
- Maintenance of patent rights.
Confidentiality is an essential part of innovation, as well as of business strategies. That is how companies, scientists, researchers, as well as business people are able to preserve confidential information regarding industrial or commercial use that represents a competitive or economic advantage over its competitors. However, in order to achieve it, adequate actions must be taken.
In Basham, Ringe y Correa, we develop prevention strategies, methods and measures that allow for the preserving of confidentiality and restricted access to information, for the maintenance and non-disclosure of industrial secrets, as well as for the drafting of contracts, which include Intellectual Property and Labor aspects, as well as other legal matters, in case of illegal use, profit or disclosure.
- Mexican Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AMPPI)
- Mexican Group of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI)
- Arbitration and Mediation Center of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- International Association for Intellectual Property Teaching and Research (ATRIP)
- National Association of Corporate Counsel (ANADE)
- Mexican Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA)
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- Independent Film and Television Alliance (IFTA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Licensing Executives Society (LESI)
- Association of European Trade Mark Owners (MARQUES)
- International Franchise Association (IFA)
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP)
- Intellectual Property Commission of the Confederation of Industrial Chambers of Mexico (Confederación de Cámaras Industriales de los Estados Unidos Mexicanos-CONCAMIN)
- Interpacific Bar Association (IPBA)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Pharmaceutical Trade Mark Group (PTMG)