Vinge's IP Team has a leading role in the most important matters in the market: Vinge’s work highlights this year once again showcase a broad range of work including trademark, patent and copyright disputes, and IP portfolio management. Many of the matters have involved extensive cross-border coordination challenges. Several of the matters that Vinge’s IP specialists were involved with this year were among the highest-profile, most innovative pieces of work in the market. Vinge’s intellectual property law experts currently consist of three partners and six patent experts.
- Full service, standalone IP practice within three key areas: Vinge offers seamless assistance across contentious IP, non-contentious IP and trademark/design prosecution.
- Vinge has particular strength within IP disputes as the number of IP disputes handled by the firm has grown during the last years. Vinge’s IP specialists are currently acting in some of the most complex and important IP disputes before the Swedish courts and this is an indication of the premier position in the contentious IP market.
- Disputes concerning title to patents and compensation to inventors also constitute frequently recurring cases within the group, as well as R&D agreements in major arbitral proceedings.
- Many of the firm’s clients are major European or American companies, which have identified Vinge as a leading firm within the patent area.
- Vinge is in collaboration with several patent agent firms in all technical fields, in particular software patents, med-tech and pharmaceuticals.
- The firm’s leading position within M&A and Capital Markets means that the IP group is regularly involved in transactional IP-related issues, including transactional related agreements and negotiations and IPO:s, for technology and patent intensive clients in the Swedish market.
- The firm advises frequently both national and international clients on matters concerning marketing and regulatory law, especially with a well-recognised experience within sectors such as life science, alcoholic beverages, and tobacco, sports and gambling.
- Strong ability to draw on the firm’s other expertise; the IP group works closely together with several other highly ranked groups and practice areas within Vinge, including EU, Competition & Regulatory, Dispute Resolution, Tax, Commercial Agreements and the firm’s China Desk. This cooperation makes it possible to deliver premier advice in relation to complicated legal issues whilst maintaining a business focus highly appreciated by the clients.
- Vinge’s intellectual property law specialists focus on providing commercially targeted support by combining thorough legal knowledge with a great understanding of the functioning of the regulatory regime in a commercial context."