ABG Intellectual Property ranks among Europe’s preeminent and fastest growing IP firms. Founded in 2003 by three patent attorneys it has one of the largest teams of patent and trademark attorneys in Spain, distributed between its offices in Madrid, Barcelona and Bilbao, including:
- 14 European Patent Attorneys (all qualified through examination EQE);
- 6 partially qualified European Patent Attorneys;
- 5 Spanish Patent & Trademark Agents;
- 5 Attorneys-at-Law;
- 18 Ph.D.s in diverse areas of technology.
- The firm totals thirty professionals with exclusive dedication, and a complete team of more than sixty people including experienced paralegals and support staff.
ABG advises clients ranging from individual investors, small companies and startups, universities and research institutions to big multinational corporations on patents, trademarks, designs and associated aspects of intellectual property.
Our team brings a fresh approach to IP. We work in close contact with our clients and understand their technology and fields of activity. We provide solid, valuable advice to our clients taking their needs and strategic goals into account.
ABG is known for:
- Its expertise in all technical fields. The firm’s attorneys are highly regarded for their in-depth technical knowledge, understanding of the science behind patented inventions as well as practical backgrounds. They are entrusted with cases in the most complex areas of patent law and technology;
- A deep knowledge of the European patent system, counting with 3 former EPO examiners;
- A deep knowledge of the Spanish, European and International Trademark system, counting with a former EUIPO examiner;
- Extensive experience in both Spanish and European patent, trademark and design prosecution, patent litigation proceedings and IP strategy;
- Recognized expertise in Supplementary Protection Certificates (SPC) prosecution. Francisco Bernardo coordinated appeals on the refusal of Supplementary Protection Certificates (SPC) in the UK and Netherlands, resulting in an important European Court of Justice decision on SPCs for second medical use patents;
- Handling of worldwide trademark portfolios including clearance searches;
- Our trademarks team is particularly strong in the defense of well-known trademarks and in the management of oppositions before the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office (SPTMO) and the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
- The high-quality legal and litigation services provided as a consequence of the optimization of the existing synergies in the IP field between our experienced Attorneys-at-Law and patent and trademark attorneys.
- A leading role on the implementation of trade secrets protection programs.
- A solid competence in plant variety protection.
We are also a reference firm for the training of highly competitive IP professionals.
INTA, ECTA, EPI, CEIPI, AIPPI, COAPI, LES, Bar Association of Madrid.
Last Updated 5th July 2017