+90 212 354 00 00
Year Joined Firm: 2004
Education/Alumni: Galatasaray University, the Institute of Social Sciences, Istanbul(LL.M. in Business Law, 2006), Dokuz Eylül University, Faculty of Law, Izmir(LL.B., 2004)
Languages: English, Turkish
Özge Atılgan Karakulak has been with the firm since 2006 and has been a partner since 2013. She is chair of the firm’s life sciences industry and competition practices and co-chair of intellectual property practice.
With the combination of Özge’s advisory and litigation expertise and in-depth knowledge of the life sciences sector, she advises clients across all phases of the business cycle of life science products, such as registration / authorization procedures, promotion practices, pricing and reimbursement regulations, distribution relationships and co-marketing deals, as well as on issues of merger control, vertical restraints and abusive conduct.
Özge has acted on behalf of originators in numerous complex patent infringement and validity actions in the pharmaceutical industry and she was involved in the first ever pharmaceutical data exclusivity actions in Turkey.
In addition her corporate work, Özge serves as a counsel to the Association of Research-Based Pharmaceutical Companies (AIFD) and the Association of Research-Based Medical Technologies Manufacturers (ARTED) in Turkey and advises on numerous regulatory policy papers and drafting regulations for the Turkish government authorities.
Key Practice Areas:
- Strategy & Advisory
- Food & Beverage
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Medical Devices
- Biotechnology + Life Sciences
- International Bar Association (IBA), Vice Chair of the Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law Committee (2018 – 2019)
- International Bar Association (IBA), Chair of the Patent Law Subcommittee of Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law Committee (2016 – 2017)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI)
- Licensing Executives Society (LES)
- Galatasaray University Alumni Association
Last Updated 24th April 2018