+41 43 222 10 00
- Joined Homburger in 1999 as Associate and became Partner in 2009.
- Education/Alumni: University of Zurich (Dr. iur., 2000), University of Virginia School of Law (LL.M., 2003). Languages: German, English.
- Network memberships: Member of the Zurich and Swiss Bar Associations, AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property, member of the board of the Swiss group, member of the Programme Committee), ASA (Swiss Arbitration Association), INGRES (Swiss Intellectual Property Association), GRUR (German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property).
Andri Hess is a partner and a member of Homburger's IP | IT, Litigation & Arbitration and Competition | Regulatory practice teams. He has extensive experience in representing clients in patent and other intellectual property rights related litigation and arbitration in a broad range of technical and industrial fields and within international contexts, as well as in negotiating and drafting intellectual property rights related contracts.
Andri Hess also represents clients in regulatory matters before the Swiss Agency for Therapeutic Products and the Federal Office of Public Health. Andri Hess is editor of the journal Life Science Recht – The Law Journal for Pharma, Biotech and Medtech, as well as of the only commentary of the Swiss Federal Act on the Federal Patent Court. Aside of this, he published numerous articles in various intellectual property and especially in patent rights related topics, regularly holds presentations before Swiss and international professional associations, and he teaches at the University of Stockholm (intellectual property rights in arbitration proceedings) and at the Federal Institute of Intellectual Property (training course for the Swiss Patent Bar exam).
Andri Hess is elected associate judge at the Swiss Federal Patent Court.
Key IP Practices:
- Patent Litigation
- Patent Law Counselling
- IP and Technology related Arbitration
- Pharma Regulatory
- Construction and Materials
- Food and Beverages
- Technology Hardware and Equipment
Last updated 25th February 2019