+41 43 222 10 00
+41 43 222 15 00
- Joined Homburger in 1999 as Associate and became Partner in 2009.
- Education/Alumni: University of Zurich (Dr. iur., 2000), University of Virginia School of Law (LL.M., 2003). Languages: German, English.
- Network memberships: Member of the Zurich and Swiss Bar Associations, AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property, member of the board of the Swiss group, member of the Programme Committee), ASA (Swiss Arbitration Association), INGRES (Swiss Intellectual Property Association), GRUR (German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property).
Andri Hess is a partner of Homburger's IP, litigation, arbitration and regulatory practices. He has extensive experience in representing clients in patent, other IP rights, unfair competition and other technology related litigation and arbitration in a broad range of technical and industrial fields and within international contexts.
Andri also represents clients in regulatory matters before the Swiss Agency for Therapeutic Products and the Federal Office of Public Health. He has published or edited several books and articles and regularly gives presentations before Swiss and international professional associations.
Andri holds teaching assignments from the University of Stockholm (IP arbitration) and the University of Zurich (patent law), and is a lecturer on the training course for the Swiss Patent Bar exam at the Federal Institute of Intellectual Property. He also acts as an expert examiner at the Swiss Patent Bar exams. The Swiss parliament appointed Andri as a part-time judge of the Federal Patent Court in 2017.
Key IP Practices:
- Patent Litigation
- Patent Law Counselling
- IP and Technology related Arbitration
- Pharma Regulatory
- Construction and Materials
- Food and Beverages
- Technology Hardware and Equipment
Last updated 15th of Deceber 2017