+90 212 354 00 00
Year Joined Firm: 2005
Education/Alumni: Galatasary University, Faculty of Law, Istanbul (2005)
Languages: English, Turkish, French
Hande Hançar Çelik joined the firm in 2005 and has been a partner since 2014. She is co-chair of the firm’s intellectual property and technology, media & telecommunication practices.
She advises on intellectual property, both contentious and non-contentious matters relating to trademarks, copyrights, industrial designs, domain names and unfair competition. She has extensive litigation experience and has counselled numerous foreign clients on IP strategies, legal disputes, licensing and settlement agreements. Hande has also acted on behalf of originators in numerous complex patent infringement and validity actions in the pharmaceutical industry and assisted clients in drafting complex software and patent license contracts.
Within the scope of the technology, media & telecommunication practice group, Hande provides support to clients on consumer law particularly for labelling and product liability issues, commercial communication and advertising, data protection and ensuring that their products and services are compliant with the Turkish regulatory regime.
Hande also serves as a counsel to the Association of Research-Based Pharmaceutical Companies (AIFD) in Turkey and advises on many regulatory policy papers and drafting regulations proposed to the Turkish governmental authorities.
Key IP Areas
- Trade Mark
- Trade Secrets
Key Practice Areas:
- Filing & Prosecution
- IP Office Proceedings
- IP Transactions
- Strategy & Advisory
- Food & Beverage
- Entertainment & Publishing
- Biotechnology + Life Sciences
- European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA), Chair of the Publications Committee and Member of Copyright Committee
- Licensing Executives Society Turkey (LES Turkey), Board Member
- International Federation Of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI)
- International Association of Entertainment Lawyers (IAEL)
Last Updated 24th April 2018