Year Joined Firm: 2000
- Bilgi University, Faculty of Law, Istanbul(LL.M, 2008)
- Istanbul University, Faculty of Law, Istanbul(LL.B., 1998)
Uğur is co-head of the firm’s intellectual property practice and technology, media and telecom industry practice.
Uğur’s Intellectual Property practice focuses on trademarks, industrial designs and copyrights. He advises on implementing IP protection and enforcement strategies and portfolio management, representing clients before Turkish Patent and Trademark Office, representing clients in cancellation, infringement and other type of court actions and ADR proceedings, filing for interlocutory and precautionary injunctions, negotiating and drafting co-existence, settlement and licensing agreements. Uğur has involved in numerous anti-piracy campaigns, civil litigation, criminal raids and litigation involving software copyrights.
Uğur’s TMT practice covers media, advertising, consumer, internet, copyright, and patent laws and includes technology licensing, information technologies, computer software, computer games, data protection, database protection, data privacy, domain names and television film formats.
Uğur advises on all aspects of advertising and media laws, including clearance of advertisements, contracts, promotions and sweepstakes to various local and multinational companies primarily on food and beverages, technology, media, telecom and entertainment sectors.
Key IP Practices
- Copyright Licensing + Protection
- Domain Names
- Trade Secrets
- Trademark Counselling and Prosecution
- Trademark Searches
- Trademarks Litigation
- Food & Beverage
- Green Technology
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Entertainment & Publishing
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys of Turkey (FICPI Turkey), founder and president
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI)
- International Federation Of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- International Technology Law Association (ITECHLAW)
- Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance (GALA)
- Patent and Trademark Attorneys' Association of Turkey (PEM)
Last Updated 3rd April 2017