The John Marshall Law School, J.D.
Marquette University, B.S. Electrical Engineering
Chris has a global practice involving all facets of Intellectual Property law, particularly patent and trademark prosecution. He has prepared and prosecuted hundreds of domestic and international patent applications, particularly for electrical and electronic circuits and systems, computer software, medical devices, medical patient monitoring and treatment technology, device fabrication, optical devices and systems, as well as mechanical devices.
Chris is also experienced in global design patent prosecution, and has managed a global portfolio for a major fashion industry company. Chris’s trademark prosecution practice is also a global one, as Chris manages several domestic and global trademark portfolios, and manages domestic trademark portfolios for foreign clients as well.
He is an active member in the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI), and currently serves on the AIPPI-US National Steering Committee. He has also served on AIPPI’s International Standing Committee on Standards and Patents, and as a US delegate to AIPPI’s International ExCo & Forum in Buenos Aires. Chris also currently serves as the President of the Wisconsin Intellectual Property Law Association (WIPLA), and has been an adjunct professor in Marquette’s College of Engineering. He also is a member of The John Marshall Law School Board of Visitors.
Chris’s clients include universities, small and large corporations, privately held businesses, foreign law firms and corporations.
- Appointee, Standing Committee on Standards and Patents, and former U.S. Delegate to International ExCo & Forum in Buenos Aires, International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Member, National Steering Committee, US division of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI-US)
- Vice President, Board Development, Chair and Director; Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin (ASSEW)
- President, Wisconsin Intellectual Property Law (WIPLA)
- Member, American Bar Association (ABA)
Key IP Areas
- Trade Mark
Key Practice Areas
- Filing & Prosecution
- IP Transactions
- Strategy & Advisory
- Energy and Natural Resources
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Information Science inc Technology + Communications
- Luxury Goods
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Devices
- Robotics + Nanotechnology
Last updated 17th April 2018