Doug Deeth is a founding member of Deeth Williams Wall LLP. He practices in the areas of intellectual property and technology law, concentrating on litigation and licensing matters.
Doug has been recognized in several international reviews as one of Canada's leading intellectual property lawyers. His practice combines his extensive litigation experience with an expertise in drafting and negotiating license and product development agreements. He provides timely, practical and pragmatic advice to clients on the clearance, protection and enforcement of technology and intellectual property rights, and has particular expertise in chemical and pharmaceutical products and processes. He appears regularly before the Federal Court of Canada and the Superior Courts of Ontario.
Doug is the President of Communications Commission of the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI).
Publications and Presentations
Doug has taught, written and spoken extensively on intellectual property law.
- LL.B., University of Toronto
- B.A.Sc., Chem. Eng., University of Waterloo
Awards and Honours
- Listed in the WIPR Leaders Directory
- Named as a Leading 500 Lawyer in Canada in the 2017 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide
- Listed as Patent Star in 2016 edition of "Managing Intellectual Property – IP STARS"
Last updated 3rd May 2018