Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP
2700 Market Tower
10 West Market Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Tel: (317) 968-5529
John is a partner at Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP. He focuses his practice on prosecution and licensing of patent applications in a wide variety of mechanical and electrical fields, and also participated in patent, trade secret, and malpractice litigation. He has helped clients protect inventions pertaining to various types of engines (including jet, rocket and diesel), nanotechnology, medical devices, sensors, signal processing and dynamics, vehicles, food packaging, fluid manipulation, non-lethal weapons, and manufacturing. John has been named an IP Star by Managing IP.
John obtained over 17 years of engineering experience, primarily in aerospace, with Hughes Aircraft Company, Missile Systems Group; General Motors, Allison Division, Advanced Military Engines; and Chrysler Corporation as an analyst, design engineer, systems engineer, supervisor and chief project engineer. His technical experience includes analysis, testing, design and engineering management of missile guidance units, computer control systems for aircraft and automotive engines, jet engine hot sections and automatic transmissions. He has applied his skills to the AIM-120 AMRAAM air-to-air missile, the YF-23 stealth fighter, the V-22 Osprey and the E-2C Hawkeye programs.
John became an attorney in 1995. For 10 years he practiced patent law at a patent boutique law firm in Indianapolis, where he was a partner and Chairman of the firm's Patent Group. He performed graduate research in computer modeling and testing of internal combustion engines, studied vehicle dynamics and taught classes in instrumentation at Purdue University. He became a Registered Professional Engineer in the state of Indiana in 1984.
- Chrysler Corporation, Engineer, 1972-1974
- Purdue University School of Mechanical Engineering, Instructor and Researcher, 1976-1978
- Hughes Aircraft Company, Missile Systems Group, Engineering Supervisor, 1978-1981
- General Motors, Advanced Military Engines Dept., Chief Project Engineer, 1981-1996
- Woodard, Emhardt, Naughton, Moriarty, and McNett, Partner, Chairman of the Patent Group, 1996-2006
- Purdue University, B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 1976
- Purdue University, M.S., Mechanical Engineering, 1978
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., 1995