Contact: Simon Barker - Partner
Number of partners: 166
Number of practitioners: 561
Languages: English, Spanish, French, Dutch, German, Italian, Malay, Cantonese, Hokkien, Mandarin, Urdu, Punjabi, Polish, Korean, Gujarati, Swedish, Welsh
Practice Areas: • Trade mark clearance, filing and prosecution • Trade mark opposition / cancellation work • Trade mark enforcement & Litigation • Litigation in passing off • Domain name complaints (UDRP / Nominet) • Anti-counterfeiting • IP licensing • Copyright contentious / non-contentious • UK and Community Design filing and prosecution, strategy and opinion • Design and Patent litigation • Advertising and marketing copy clearance and advice • Company Name Tribunal complaints • IP corporate due diligence • Product clearance
Freeths are a major national law firm offering a full range of legal services to commercial and private clients. Based in key cities across the UK, Freeths' legal teams are not confined by geography.
The firm has grown rapidly in recent years and is a leading top 100 UK law firm. It has a wide range of clients throughout the UK and internationally.
Freeths aims to provide the very best service possible in all areas. It prides itself on the ability to understand its clients' businesses and to demonstrate added value through working in partnership with its clients and in building strong relationships with them.
Freeths lawyers are trained to be both practical and commercial in their approach and to provide "Answers not Options", with the result that clients get a recommended course of action rather than a number of options or scenarios.
Freeths IP team are no exception: lead by Simon Barker it's a specialised team of well respected lawyers who offer a full range of IP services to clients and fellow practitioners around the world.
Key IP Practices
- Trade mark clearance, filing and prosecution
- Trade mark opposition / cancellation work
- Trade mark enforcement & Litigation
- Litigation in passing off
- Domain name complaints (UDRP / Nominet)
- IP licensing
- Copyright contentious / non-contentious
- UK and Community Design filing and prosecution, strategy and opinion
- Design and Patent litigation
- Advertising and marketing copy clearance and advice
- Company Name Tribunal complaints
- IP corporate due diligence
- Product clearance
- Top ranked firm in UK Chambers 2017
- The Sunday Times 100 best companies to work for 2017 (ranked 50th)
- Top Tier firm in Legal 500 2016
- Top 50 employers in the UK's first ever Social Mobility Employer Index (ranked 32nd)
- Highly commended at Enei awards 2016 (Employers network for equality and inclusion)
- Best company 2017 2 stars
- UK Diversity Legal Awards winner ‘Firm of the Year’
- Investors in People Silver
- Stonewall Diversity Champions
Last update 27th June 2017